I walked down to the Papal Flats where I heard they were going to be having snow-cross races. Snow-cross is basically Motocross, but instead of motor bikes or dirt bikes, the racers use snow machines. I'm not such a huge fan of snow machines - they're loud and they smell - but I can't begrudge how very cool they look when they're flying through the air (click the pics to make 'em bigger - they look better that way).
1) ... and we have lift-off!
2) ...they soar through the air with the greatest of ease...
3) Coming in for a landing...
Snow machine madness! (Check out the air on that guy in the back!)
A tight race.
1. Beginning launch sequence...
3) The competition is right behind!
4) It's like Darth Vader on a snow machine!
They start the snow machine indoctrination when they're young. This thing sounded like it had a lawnmower engine in it.
Post a Comment