Yesterday, I drove from Fort Liard to Whitehorse. It's a good, long drive. At a reasonable speed, it's easily more than 12 hours of nothing but driving. I stopped for gas twice and took a couple of pictures, but other than that, it was drive, drive, drive. At least the drive is an interesting one.
I saw lots of wildlife, including:
- 3 live moose
- 2 dead moose (but, if you go by the remains, was really more like 5/8ths of a moose)
- countless bison
- 1 dead creature which may have been a moose or a bison
- 1 grader which, judging by the flock of ravens and the long blood smear along the highway, was in the process of moving a large animal (likely a moose) off the road.
- 4 caribou
- Lots and lots of little birds (spring is on its way!)
- 1 varying hare
- 1 marten, which bolted across the highway in front of my car
A moose between Watson Lake and Teslin. (I saw lots of moose tracks all along the highway during my drive).
Post a Comment