- the stress of finding a parking spot,
- the fact that I need a loonie to use a cart,
- the impossibility of finding anyone who can help me when I'm looking for an item,
- the mile or two that I have to walk just to get milk,
- the crappy meat selection,
- the long waits in line,
- the perpetually unhappy-looking faces on the cashiers,
- the annoyance of having my items scanned multiple times or at the wrong price and never being able to see the receipt until after the groceries have been paid for, and
- the frustration of having to wait in another line at the service desk after I've caught an error,
I decided to fight that urge today. Instead, I went to the Super-Valu on 2nd Ave. What a difference. The store is small, but I can find everything that I need - and then some. There are employees everywhere and they all smile! They have a butcher who, if you ask, will cut a whole chicken in half for you! While the produce isn't always great (it was superb today), the meat is always exceptional. Prices might seem a little higher, but my bill always seem to be lower when I'm finished at the till. And the tills! They have two cashiers, one of which bags your groceries for you! And the cashier smile, too!
My cashiers today were great. I left Jade with them for a moment while I ran back out to the car to get my grocery boxes and bags (something I always forget to bring in). Jade was very cranky this morning; when I came back, the cashiers were dancing to keep her entertained.
I left with a smile.
Yup, even if it costs a little bit more, this is where I'm going for my groceries from now on.